Restoring Factory Default SETUP Values
In certain circumstances, due to known or unknown causes, the TT6/6A/6B may fail to operate properly, or may become locked out of the SETUP mode because Bit 7 of Register 3 has been set to a 1. In either of these situations, the following procedure(s) will clear the terminals setup memory and reprogram it with the original setting that it contained when it arrived from the factory.
TransTerm 6 Procedure
- Disconnect TT6 from power.
- Remove right side endcap and back panel.
- Install a jumper between pins 2 and 20 of
the 40-pin LSI IC controller.
- Apply power to TT6 and wait for power-up reset
- Remove power from TT6.
- Remove jumper installed in step 3.
- Re-assemble enclosure.
- Restore TT6 SETUP to your requirements.
TransTerm 6A, 6B Procedure
- Disconnect TT6A/B from power.
- Press and hold both the CONTROL key and the SHIFT key.
- Apply power to the TT6A/B, wait for power-up
reset to complete.
- Release the CONTROL and SHIFT keys.
- Remove power from TT6A/B.
- Apply power to TT6A/B.
- The TT6A/B display will present:
TT6A/B Vx.xx (Filmware version)
- Restore TT6A/B SETUP to your requirements.
Copyright © 2007 ComputerWise, Inc. All Rights Reserved.